What you need to know about BOTOX
BOTOX Cosmetic is the ONLY approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brow and crow’s feet in adults. BOTOX Cosmetic is one of the most extensively studied medical aesthetic treatments and is approved for cosmetic use in 78 countries. BOTOX Cosmetic has a record of experience that aesthetic specialists know and trust. And, the safety and efficacy of BOTOX Cosmetichave been evaluated in both Allergan sponsored clinical trials as well as in 417 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
BOTOX Cosmetic contains tiny amounts of a highly purified botulinum toxin protein refined from the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum. Formulations, potency, and approved doses vary among botulinum toxin products, which means that one product cannot take the place of another. Those are a few reasons why there is no such thing as a “generic” form of BOTOX Cosmetic. There have been no studies to support that other products are Unit-to-Unit equivalent to BOTOX Cosmetic.
MAKE SURE YOU’RE GETTING AUTHENTIC BOTOX COSMETIC. . . .
At Precision Dermatology, we only use authentic BOTOX cosmetic.
Approximately 10.9 million vials of BOTOX Cosmetic have been sold in the United States since 2002, and millions of people have already made BOTOX Cosmetic a part of what they do for themselves. Today, BOTOX Cosmetic is the #1 selling product of its kind in the world.
How does Botox Cosmetic work?
Wrinkles result from a combination of many factors. It’s not just about cellular changes that can occur over time, reduction of collagen, or damage caused by free radicals in the sun and the environment. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. And when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and cause crow’s feet.
BOTOX Cosmetic targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Your specialist will inject these muscles with BOTOX Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows.
For the frown lines area
Your specialist will administer injections into muscles in your forehead. Injecting BOTOX Cosmetic into the muscles that cause frown lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines. BOTOX Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes frown lines and crow’s feet.
For the crow’s feet area
Your specialist will inject the muscle that frames the side of the eye. Injecting BOTOX Cosmetic into the muscles that cause crow’s feet lines temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles. The result is a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
What should I expect with a treatment?
- Your cost not only includes the price of the product, but more importantly, the skill and expertise of the specialist or healthcare professional who is administering your treatment—look for someone who is licensed and trained and has experience treating patients with BOTOX Cosmetic.
- Be wary of discount products or “cheap” BOTOX Cosmetic—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. It is more important to find an experienced specialist who will take the time to understand your treatment goals and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
- You may begin to notice results within three to five days for moderate to severe lines, with results lasting up to 3 months.
- Most patients report being injected with BOTOX feels like a pinch. Your specialist may use ice to numb the treatment area. If you are concerned about discomfort, your specialist may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
- Your specialist will discuss your treatment goals and perform a facial analysis to determine the appropriate treatment areas for you.
- You’ll look like yourself—with less noticeable frown lines & crow’s feet. BOTOX Cosmetic is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- Treatment requires minimal downtime or recovery; it’s often called a lunchtime procedure. The actual injection process only takes about 10 minutes. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave your specialist’s office.
Sign up today to receive 20% off your first product purchase!